Security represents the most critical priorities for our customers in a world awash in digital threats, regulatory scrutiny, and estate complexity. Microsoft Security aspires to make the world a safer place for all. We want to reshape security and empower every user, customer, and developer with a security cloud that protects them with end to end, simplified solutions. The Microsoft Security organization accelerates Microsoft’s mission and bold ambitions to ensure that our company and industry is securing digital technology platforms, devices, and clouds in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, as well as ensuring the security of our own internal estate. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
Cloud Apps and Identity Research team is covering multiple SaaS based threat scenarios including Cloud Based Ransomware, Email and Files extortion, Business Email Compromise and related Nation State activity.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Perform attacker tradecraft research and threat landscape investigation across cloud-based attacks spanning AI Applications and their authentication mechanism Partner with engineers and product managers to deliver innovative product capabilities Threat hunting to discover real world advanced attacks together with designing and implementing automated detection and hunting analytics combining alerts and signals across Microsoft Defender security products. Contribute to active engagement with the security ecosystem through papers, presentations, and blogs. Provide subject matter expertise to customers based on industry attack trends and product capabilities.
- You have at least 6+ years of experience in cyber security with a background in the modern attacker kill-chain, MITRE ATT&CK, and emerging enterprise threats including attacks against SaaS Apps, AI Apps, and Oauth Apps.
- You have a B.Sc or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology.
- You have deep knowledge of a few commonly used or potential attacks against AI based Application (e.g. Open AI Enterprise, M365 Copilot) or against the authentication mechanism of Plugin and GPTs.
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, C#, or C++. Proficient in at least one query language such as KQL, SQL, Cypher Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for product improvements and a desire to engage directly with customers.
- You have an experience working with and manipulating large data sets (i.e. billions of events per day).
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft background and Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Offensive security research experience for cloud-based attacks against AI Apps Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, presentations, or books in SaaS or AI cyber threats SOC or blue team experience involving the hunting and discovery of adversaries in enterprise environments.
#MSFTSecurity #CloudAppAndIdentity #MSecR
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.