Microsoft is building the fastest and most reliable networks for cloud computing and for emerging workloads such as AI/ML. Microsoft Azure is one of the largest public cloud platforms worldwide, providing a great channel for product impact that touches the lives of millions of users daily. Microsoft’s partnership with world leaders in AI technology provides unparalleled opportunities for innovation at the cutting edge of high-performance computing and networking.
Our team has delivered Azure Boost and we are now looking for talented hardware design and verification engineers to join our team, developing Azure’s next generation networking devices.
Microsoft’s innovative approach for hardware/software co-design leverages the flexibility and parallelism delivered by hardware to offload and accelerate many types of computations and functions of the Azure network. Our vertical work environment includes developing and deploying hardware, software drivers, and end to end features, and interaction with large software teams on important customer-facing applications.
Come join us and be challenged daily as you build advanced hardware/software acceleration solutions for some of the world’s largest datacenter networks. This is a great opportunity to join a team that has built some of the largest scale cloud systems ever deployed and learn from the very best.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Design and implement RTL in System Verilog, based on deep understanding of customer requirements, DUT functionality, and system architecture.
- Test and debug your designs in simulation and on hardware-based platforms, to reach cloud-scale quality.
- Work with software teams on development of drivers and applications.
- Deliver the product into cloud production environments and support it through its lifetime.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in design and/or verification of ASIC/FPGA designs.
- A versatile can-do, problem-solving attitude, and desire to handle a wide array of challenges.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.