Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also, a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Understand customers' overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable cloud solutions leveraging expertise in cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as a code technologies).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a migration and modernization roadmap with customers using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF). Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies ( Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies ( App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Ensure all solutions leverage the design and operations guidance according to the Well-Architected framework across all pillars, including reliability, cost optimization, performance efficiency, security and operational excellence
- Run Architectural Design Sessions to build plan for implementing solution –governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. Use CAF Landing Zones to rapidly prototype and deliver proof-of-concepts that accelerate production deployment
- Author, maintain and contribute to solution engineering projects like Azure Landing Zones Bicep & Terraform modules, following CSU’s solution engineering processes
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers
- Troubleshoot technical issues to prove the value of implementation of Azure technologies
- Assess the customer knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure delivery through partners · Collaborate with others in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community · Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
- Build and grow developer communities by driving activities including Open Hacks, Workshops
- Curating and producing high quality guidance for Microsoft's internal and external communities and customers
- Experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- Modelling cloud infrastructure based on application scale and capacity needs, providing data-driven recommendations to optimize application architecture and performance
- The ideal candidate will have a breadth of knowledge across cloud computing domains and experience with architectural patterns and anti-patterns for resiliency and geo-availability
- Large infrastructure migration, DC migration to Azure, and new builds for new applications/services into Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code to build, test and deploy infrastructure for application environments
Additional or Preferred Skills
- Experience on Azure, as well as expert level hands-on experience in topics from one or more of the technical domains below:
Azure Landing Zones, Well-Architected Framework, and Core Infrastructure
- Defining CI/CD pipelines to automate test and release across different application environments using concepts such as Blue/Green and Canary deployments and related technologies ( Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, Chef, Puppet)
- Foundational knowledge of containers for packaging application deployment units and interacting with container-orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Service Fabric, Cloud Foundry
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly, and understand relevant cloud trends required
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Azure, Networking, Infrastructure, Security, Azure Virtual Desktop, DevOps
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.