Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) Team!
Microsoft Azure provides customers with an on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers. As part of the Azure Engineering organization, Azure CXP is a rapidly growing team committed to transforming Azure customers into Azure fans.
The Customer Observability Products team is looking for a thoughtful, analytical, independent thinker and high energy individual contributor to drive new approaches and solutions to support the Unified Feedback Platform.
- Understands business objectives and plans accordingly. Critically reviews multiple plans and adjusts as needed. Proactively addresses necessary trade-offs
- Conceptualizes, ideates, and drives products and features
- Effectively communicates business strategy and goals, challenges and other data points, in clear presentations, that land with senior management and peer teams
- Works with discipline peers to align priorities, processes and people appropriately
- Drives collaboration across teams and ensures that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved
- Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries
- Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in program management, defining, designing, specifying, managing, and shipping features and/or technologies
- Experience in database and BI/analytics
- Collaborative and influential decision maker, with a strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, and accountability
- Demonstrated success in engaging virtual teams with the ability to influence key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes
- Strong analytical skills, taking pride in making data-driven business decisions even in ambiguous situations, while defining and improving program initiatives
- Growth mindset: innate drive to stay up to date with changes to business environment and needs, and Microsoft products
- Experience with privacy principles and relative technologies (sensitive data handling, retention, user data protection, privacy by design, gap analysis, anonymization) is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.