We’re looking for an experienced hands-on Senior Software Engineering to join our fast-growing Microsoft Sentinel team.
Microsoft Sentinel is a next-gen SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), re-invented to leverage cutting edge cloud technology, big data, machine learning and AI to help organizations with their security operations. Our mission is to empower the SOC engineering and analytics teams with cutting edge technology.
Microsoft Sentinel is a new product in a veteran field. We are at the beginning of our journey and growing fast. This position is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an agile team, building one of the most exciting security products in the cyber security space from the ground up.
Are you passionate about working with the best-in-class engineers?
Would you like to take part in building a high scale security cloud service?
Do you love finding creative ways to leverage new technologies?
Do you enjoy working in an inclusive environment that inspires collaboration and innovation?
Do you want to be part of a highly effective and agile team?
If you answered “yes” to these questions – you should join our team!
This role includes:
- Developing end-to-end features in the core Microsoft Sentinel scenarios, breaking down requirements and working closely with product managers.
- Technical mentoring the team, taking active part in design and architecture discussions
- Building a highly scalable cloud product in a micro services architecture including development of REST APIs, databases and UX.
- Being a role model for engineering excellence, demonstrating very high-quality capabilities in design, implementation and collaboration with your peers.
- Applying a critical view of our infrastructure, technologies and development process, proactively pushing to improve the product and our group.
- 10+ years of experience in software development (C/C++, Java, C# or other object-oriented programming language).
- Passion for technologies
- Experience in overseeing large development projects and teams in complex environments with multiple interfaces.
- A team player with highly effective collaboration skills across teams and groups.
- A role model for other engineers – responsible, thorough, proactive and inclusive.
- Passion for learning and implementing the newest technologies.
- Background in Cloud and/or Security.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.