M365 Defender group is looking for a Principal Software Architect to join its architecture team and drive complex, large-scale and innovative technical projects across the group.
'* Collaborate with senior engineers and program managers to create strategic architecture and vision
* Evaluate new tools and technologies, create prototypes and proof of concepts (e.g., Kubernetes, Spark, etc.)
* Work with engineering teams as they start new projects to ensure a maintainable architecture is created
* Adhere to and advocate for development best practices
* Provide technical guidance to engineering teams to properly design and implement world-class highly-available, scalable, secured and compliant systems
* Become an expert in our existing systems in order to innovate on their further improvement
* Help design and organize solutions to maximize DevOps / SRE efficiency
* 8+ years full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
* Experience designing and building complex highly-available and scalable systems
* Experience with micro-services architecture
* Experience designing cloud based services (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
* Excellent decision-making and presentation skills
* Communicate effectively with team members, team leads and customers
* Experience with secure development lifecycle
* Experience with AI and / or ML
* Experience with confidential computing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.