Microsoft Azure is building the fastest network in public cloud. We are seeking candidates who live and breathe network acceleration, love to code, and wish to have an impact and a footprint in Microsoft's Azure cloud.
We innovate and implement software and hardware that radically accelerates many types of computations and functions of the Azure network. RDMA is a centerpiece of our architecture, and Microsoft Azure is expanding the investment in this domain.
Come join us and be challenged daily as you innovate, define and build RDMA based solutions for some of the world’s largest datacenter networks.
The Azure Host Networking team is where the rubber meets the road for Network Acceleration. Come join us to take Azure network performance to new heights.
For more information about Azure Networking:
- Build and deploy RDMA-based networking acceleration
- Define and develop Windows/Linux RDMA drivers and apps
- Define and architect hardware acceleration for RDMA networking
- Define intelligent and efficient RDMA network testing methodologies
- Drive projects with other teams in Microsoft, our hardware partners and OS partners.
- Engage and collaborate with other teams and members of Azure Networking and Storage teams around the world.
- 3+ years of experience in software development in C/C++
- Good grasp of operating system internals
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Hardware/Software integration
- Device driver design, development, debugging and testing experience
- RDMA; TCP/IP; Switching and routing protocols; Network hardware - NICs, switches, routers; Load balancing; Network virtualization (NVGRE, VXLAN); QoS and scheduling;
- Linux and Windows networking stacks and other OS components; Reliable, high quality software development; Performance optimizations
- Host network offloads; SR-IOV; Virtualization (hypervisors, virtual machine switching);
- Cloud networking architecture; Networking at scale, deployment and servicing at scale
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.