Section 52, Microsoft's IoT and OT research team, is recruiting experienced threat hunters – with highly honed threat intelligence analysis skills.
Section 52 is responsible for researching threats focused on IoT and OT devices and networks, tracking them and following any lead to uncover them.
You will take part in hands on security research, including:
- Hunt and reverse engineer IoT/OT malware
- Study IoT/OT devices, including reverse engineering
- Design new techniques for hunting IoT/OT malware
- Researching online for the latest security threats
- Collaboration with other security groups to identify the latest threats and attack vectors
- Writing blogs, publications and presenting in global cyber security conferences
- Write proof of concepts, detections, and other recommendation algorithms when relevant
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Researcher - MUST
- Hands-on experience in software development (Python) – MUST
- Experience in native Reverse Engineering - MUST
- Team player, confident, independent and enthusiastic!
- Proven track record of innovative cyber security research
- Experience with data/security analysis – advantage
- Passion for conducting “practical” research – delivering constant value to our valuable customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.