Azure Data Explorer team has started as a small incubation 7 years ago, and since then has made a lot of buzz within Microsoft, offering a new solution for exploring and analyzing log data based on new disruptive technology. Azure Data Explorer (Kusto)’s panel of customers includes thousands of Microsoft services and is growing constantly, within and outside Microsoft.
Today, we are running a very large-scale cloud service, providing log analytics for hundreds of teams across all Microsoft divisions, as well as for Azure Top100 companies, indexing over 50PB of data daily.
We are looking for experienced and motivated technical leads to help us drive the Kusto revolution and make it THE technology for log search and text analytics across the world.
We invite talented and motivated team players to join the Kusto Data Management and Ingestion team and build the next generation distributed data delivery service.
Work with world’s most popular data movement pipelines, messaging services and pub/sub environments; delight our customers by creating the best of breed experience with
simple management, high performance, and low latency.
- Perform engineering tasks on Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) Data Management and Ingestion team, including designing and implementing new functionality as well as improving existing one.
- Collaborate with the team (that is based in Israel), as well as lead individual projects to build the next generation distributed data delivery service.
- Perform design and code reviews and coach junior team members.
- Lead design and implementation of major service components, to delight our customers by creating the best of breed experience with simply managed, high performing, and low latency service.
- Work closely with Redmon-base Ops team and provide them with high quality engineering support during work hours.
- Triage and resolve live site and/or customer incidents with Ops.
- Work with and support internal partner teams and external customers in PST time zone, driving success and ADX adoption.
- 5+ years of experience developing in .NET
- 5+ years of experience developing high-scale backend systems
- Academic degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience working with customers, internal partner teams or external
- Experience in building high-quality large-scale cloud distributed services
- Solid working knowledge on cloud computing (Azure/AWS)
- Experience working with Big Data systems (development or usage)
- Experience with muti-threaded, synchronous and asynchronous programming
- Ability to perform system analysis and drive performance, availability, and supportability improvements
- Familiarity with OSS ecosystems in data processing/delivery areas
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.