We are the Azure Data Explorer web UX team. Azure data explorer is Azure’s Big-Data Analytics service that enables lightning speed querying and exploration of huge data sets.
Although fairly young, Azure Data Explorer has already been extensively adopted internally for all log-analytics needs, and externally we are growing exponentially. ADX (Azure Data Explorer) is already indexing more than 40 PB (petabytes) of data every day.
ADX Web Explorer is the UX through which our customers interact with Azure Data Explorer. Through our web-based Single-page-app they send their data to ADX, author their queries, visualize the results, and create dashboards to share with their team.
In the web explorer team, we strive to create a UX for interacting with, visualizing, and working with big data which is the best-of-breed in the industry.
You will have:
- Autonomy and freedom to innovate.
- Choice of the best-of open-source technology
- A chance to be a customer of the same product you are building! Most Microsoft employees are using ADX to analyze their logs and telemetry and we are no different
- A chance to experiment and make data driven choices.
- Tons of opportunity for outsized impact
- Opportunity to grow with a growing team and product – the ADX team (and product) is experiencing rapid growth
- Design and deliver beautiful and crisp visual experiences for working with and visualizing big data
- Develop user facing features by translating graphical design and wireframes to code
- Build reusable code and libraries that will be used both across Microsoft’s other products and by our external customers.
- Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale experiences.
- Optimize code for best performance and accessibility.
- Interact directly with customers to humbly hear and address their feedback
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of modern web tech stack; we use TypeScript, React, Mobx, Redux, Webpack, Yarn, Lerna
- Passion for building responsive, performant, accessible, and internationalized experiences.
- Excellent programmer: your code is maintainable, you perform quality code-reviews, you know how to analyze performance in browsers, and you have great debugging skills
- Autonomous and pushing things to completion.
- Experience with React
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with Azure Data Explorer or other DB technologies / data analytics solutions
- Familiarity with Azure
- Own your code through production.
- Curious about reliability and performance, up and down the stack
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.