Are you interested in being part of a brand-new team within Microsoft Azure Networking working on security at cloud scale?
We are part of the Azure networking team responsible for designing, building and operating critical network services that will help us differentiate from our fierce competitors and generate new revenue. Our team builds cloud-native Network security solutions, such as Firewall, WAF, Application Gateway, Virtual WAN, VPN and more. At the core of these services is a solid SDN and NFV infrastructure that helps us to continuously innovate to improve agility, reliability and cost effectiveness of our services.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer. You will work on building and expanding some of Azure Networking’s next-generation security services to meet the growing customer demand and break into new markets. As a senior engineer, you will also be responsible for leading the architecture and design of these services to serve massive amounts of customers and traffic.
We are a customer-oriented team, focused on building quality-driven, reliable products with a great user experience. The team will collaborate with its overseas counterparts, and also nurture collaboration within the Israeli Microsoft site – home to over 1000 of Microsoft employees, across 40 different teams, and numerous security products, with strong ties to our mission.
If you are a strong Engineer, passionate about networking, cloud and web technologies, eager to work in fast-paced startup environment, with good cross-team collaboration skills, then this is the position for you. In this role, you will get an opportunity to lead the design, implementation and deployment a highly-scalable, reliable service from scratch. You will be able to influence and collaborate with teams within and outside Microsoft, to build end-to-end scenario and value-driven products for customers. Most of all, you’ll have a chance to really make an impact at the core of Azure, one of the largest, most complex networks in the world.
For more information about Azure Networking:
Azure Networking - The Atlas Podcast | Podcast on Spotify
Microsoft R&D - Blog - Azure Networking (microsoftrnd.co.il)
You will be a leading figure in the development of some critical components in Azure Networking services. This role includes:
- Leading the product development end-to-end, working with interfaces across Azure, breaking down requirements, designing and implementing code, testing, building & deploying it to production, and monitoring it for success.
- Be a role model for engineering excellence, demonstrating very high quality capabilities in design, implementation and collaboration with your peers.
- Apply a critical view of our infrastructure, technologies and development process, proactively pushing to improve our products and our group.
- 8+ years of experience in software development (C/C++, Java, C# or other object-oriented programming language).
- Experience in leading large development projects in complex environments with multiple interfaces.
- Team player, highly effective collaboration skills cross teams and groups.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A role model for other engineers – responsible, thorough, proactive.
- Passion for learning and implementing the newest technologies.
- Background in Networking or Security.
- Experience with Azure components and tools.
- Experience with distributed computing platforms for high-scale systems and large amount of data.
- Experience in working with and fostering cross-geo relationships
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.