Be a part of the team that is instrumental in constructing one of Microsoft's most exciting security solutions. In an era of increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks, the Microsoft 365 Defender security suite has emerged as a vital tool for enterprises, enabling them to identify, scrutinize, and counter advanced breaches and data intrusions within their networks. At the core of this suite lies Microsoft Defender for Identity, which shields customers by offering insights and detections for identity attacks spanning on-premises, hybrid, and cloud environments.
We are seeking a security researcher who enjoys unraveling the mysteries and unique patterns of networking, authentication protocols and identity attacks, to join our Israeli research team and help provide our customers with the needed protection. The job includes performing low level research of user, device & cloud apps behaviors and numerous protocols, for the purpose of identifying the necessary optics and delivering detection logics. You will manage complex projects which require intimate familiarity with the identity security threat landscape and involve collaboration with partners across the Microsoft engineering and research teams.
- Analyze and research network protocols, which can be used to classify network devices and to identify traffic anomalies.
- Collaborate with multiple product teams to design sensors, implement detection ideas and validate their effectiveness using a data-driven approach.
- Work together with the different engineering teams to deliver the code to support the research findings.
- Collaborate with other teams across Microsoft and come up with innovative ideas which should be part of future versions of the product.
- You have at least 4+ years of security research.
- Proficiency in developing C# / Python.
- Experience with leading a feature end to end (design, coding, testing, maintenance)
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant practical experience (e.g. service in elite technology unit in IDF)
- Offensive security research experience
- Management experience
- Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, or books
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.