If you're out to disrupt #CloudSecurity, come join us working for the largest security company in the world, on the leading planet-scale products! 🚀
At the Microsoft Cloud Security team, we take immense pride in developing a diverse set of security products and services that are leaders in their respective market segments. Our innovative solutions have set new industry standards, earning global recognition safeguarding critical infrastructure at the highest scale.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud is a cloud-native application protection platform (CNAPP) designed to protect cloud-based applications running in all major cloud providers, including cloud security posture management (CSPM) that finds weak spots across cloud configuration, helps strengthen the overall security posture and identify risk, and cloud workload protection (CWP) which identifies real-time attacks and helps the SOC respond and mitigate.
We’re a diverse group of talented professionals consisting of software engineers, security researchers, product managers and data scientists collaborating to develop products that secure our customers, including the biggest companies in the world.
You will work in a supportive and inclusive environment where you will learn and work alongside the best and brightest minds in the industry, and can make a significant impact, grow your skills and advance your career.
The Security Design Studio is growing and we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Senior product designer to join Microsoft defender for Cloud in our journey. This position offers a unique opportunity to help build one of the most exciting products in cyber security. We are a high-performing team that challenges ourselves to live the Microsoft philosophies around inclusive culture and growth mindset.
As a senior product designer in this group, you'll help build a great product in an agile environment, from the early stages of feature planning all the way to guaranteeing flawless implementation.
As a Senior Product Designer in the Security Design Studio, you will:
- Design experiences that help people in the security field extract more value from our product
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers’ teams in order to build consensus around all aspects of the design direction
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements
- Prototype experiences to test and share with team members and design partners
- Provide high quality deliveries from concept to detailed design.
- Provide continuing, hands-on design support to engineering crews during software development to ensure a high-quality end-product
- 7+ years of experience in product design of highly complex systems
- Education qualification in human-computer interaction, visual design or industrial design or highly related field
- Hands-on experience creating prototypes, wireframes, icons and other visual assets, testing them directly with customers and iterating based on research insights
Strong portfolio that demonstrates your creative thinking, visual design skills, design process, UX flows and interaction patterns. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Passion for UX design and strong command of usability principles, information hierarchy, task analysis, personas and design systems.
- Ability to create user workflows, mockups and prototypes to communicate and validate design decisions
- Creative problem solver, able to think holistically and at the same time have sharp eye for details
- Experience with conducting user research studies, synthesis of feedback, and design of inspiring solutions based on customer insights
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skills
- Proficient at scoping and estimating efforts accurately, prioritizing tasks and goals independently, and rapidly producing deliverables
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work closely with groups of product managers and developers, as part of a design team
- Self-motivated with outstanding proactive communication and presentation skills
- Expert in design tools such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Advantage: experience with cyber security products