Security represents the most critical priorities for our customers in a world awash in digital threats, regulatory scrutiny, and estate complexity. Microsoft Security aspires to make the world a safer place for all. We want to reshape security and empower every user, customer, and developer with a security cloud that protects them with end to end, simplified solutions. The Microsoft Security organization accelerates Microsoft’s mission and bold ambitions to ensure that our company and industry is securing digital technology platforms, devices, and clouds in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, as well as ensuring the security of our own internal estate. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
Come and be part of the team building one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, MDE helps enterprises detect, investigate, and automatically disrupt advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. From detecting nation state actors to huge ransomware actors in action, our research team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover and protect against even the most well-funded attacker. We are seeking an experienced security researcher who is excited by uncovering unknown attacks to join our Israeli research team and focus on detecting and disrupting sophisticated enterprise attacks. The job includes researching novel attack techniques, hunting through our rich sensor data, identifying necessary optics for detecting malicious behavior and crafting detection and protection logic to ensure compromise does not go undetected.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Investigate, analyze, and expand upon security research and real incidents to develop durable detection strategies across the entire kill-chain
- Collaborate with multiple product teams to design sensors, implement detection ideas, and validate their effectiveness using a data-driven approach
- Collaborate with data science teams to understand and identify detection gaps, capabilities, assumptions, and improvements
- Be involved in customer conversations in order to identify opportunities, gaps and concerns
- BS+ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- You have 7+ years of software development/research experience
- Deep and practical OS internals knowledge
- Reverse Engineering skills: familiar with debuggers, disassemblers, protocols, file formats
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft background and Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Prior people management experience
- Offensive security research experience
- Digital forensics skills • Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, or books
- Low-level/security knowledge of other operating systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.