Microsoft Azure Storage is a highly distributed, massively scalable, and ubiquitously accessible cloud storage platform. The Data Management group within Azure Storage has a mission to build extensible platform capabilities and a flexible, scalable serverless platform that allows customers to ingest data at scale, extract deep insights from the data and execute actions that maximize value from it.
As a Software Engineer in Azure Storage Data Management group, you will be working on the BLOB inventory service providing our customers with the ability to generate reports of their data estate in Azure Storage (containers, blobs, blob versions and snapshots).
You will be monitoring the service in production and making data-driven code changes aiming to improve the performance and reliability of the service. You will be designing and implementing features unblocking new business scenarios for our customers.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Take an active role in efforts aiming to improve performance and reliability of the service.
- Act as a Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) – monitors the system health and initiates actions to restore it, if appropriate, applies proactive actions to improve the DRI effectiveness.
- Proactively seek new knowledge and shares it with other team members.
- Take an active role in all steps of feature development – collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to determine user requirements, drives the design documents, implements and tests the new functionality and monitors its health in production.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years technical engineering experience with C / C++ languages or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years technical engineering experience with C#, Java, Scala languages or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on big projects / operating in big codebases.
- Experience with developing and operating code in cloud environments (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Independent, capable of decision making in an ambiguous environment and ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Big Data processing experience is an advantage.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. #azurecorejobs