It’s a rare opportunity to develop new products, especially large and strategic investments in a well-established organization. If you’ve been waiting for that kind of opportunity to come along, this may be the career opportunity for you.
The Identity and Network Access team is searching for software engineers across all disciplines, who can define, build, and evolve heavily integrated platforms at scale. Our team is part of the Security organization in Microsoft and is responsible for bringing networking, identity, and security together. In these times, where working from anywhere has never been more important, it is our set of services that enables people around the world to stay productive every day, while still meeting companies’ security and compliance needs. Our cloud services are built to solve these challenges for our customers in a seamless and integrated stack as we constantly push ourselves to stay at the cutting edge of the industry.
We're beyond excited to share we have just announced a brand new product. a fusion of networking, identity, and security solutions.
Introducing Microsoft Entra Internet Access comes to protect web, SaaS applications and Microsoft 365 applications, setting rules and policies to control and avoid outside threats.
Microsoft Entra Private Access protects access to private networks of the organization and gives access to the relevant employees from any network or device.
By granting organizations the authority to set precise policies for specific applications, we substantially diminish the risk of unauthorized access to valuable organizational resources.
We are an agile team of technical engineers. Customer obsession is rooted deep in every decision we take. We move fast, allergic to over thinking and fail fast. We believe in building solutions the right way and with a “do what it takes” attitude. We are a team, a family, that will always succeed only as one team where all voices are heard, and all opinions are welcomed.
This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility. You will collaborate closely with multiple teams across Microsoft to deliver key customer solutions and the technology to support them.
- Lead end to end design, implementation and delivery of the future architecture for highly scalable, durable, low latency systems.
- Build an effective and agile development organization using industry leading best practices.
- Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
- Proven team building experience as well as mentoring and growing team members.
We believe in enabling our team members to unlock their highest potential and invest a lot in building a collaborative and agile culture to achieve our business success. Join us and be part of our path to the next level of awesomeness!!
- You have at least 6+ years of professional software development and design experience, using one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, C#, Golang, Rust
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, completion of a Code/Developer academy program or related industry equivalent experience
- Familiarity with (including but not limited to) networking protocols:
Layer7:Application (HTTP, HTTPS)
Layer4:Transport & security (TCP/UDP, TLS,VPN)
Layer3:IPv4, IPv6 and routing
- Experience with development of resilient software, high-availability services
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Knowledge of L3/4 firewalls, L7 proxy (nginx, envoy, haproxy)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.