It’s a rare opportunity to develop new products, especially large and strategic investments in a well-established organization. If you’ve been waiting for that kind of opportunity to come along, this may be the career opportunity for you.
The Identity and Network Access team is searching for software engineers across all disciplines, who can define, build, and evolve heavily integrated platforms at scale. Our team is part of the Security organization in Microsoft and is responsible for bringing networking, identity, and security together. In these times, where working from anywhere has never been more important, it is our set of services that enables people around the world to stay productive every day, while still meeting companies’ security and compliance needs. Our cloud services are built to solve these challenges for our customers in a seamless and integrated stack as we constantly push ourselves to stay at the cutting edge of the industry.
We're beyond excited to share we have just announced a product. a fusion of networking, identity, and security solutions.
Introducing Microsoft Entra Internet Access comes to protect web, SaaS applications and Microsoft 365 applications, setting rules and policies to control and avoid outside threats.
Microsoft Entra Private Access protects access to private networks of the organization and gives access to the relevant employees from any network or device.
By granting organizations the authority to set precise policies for specific applications, we substantially diminish the risk of unauthorized access to valuable organizational resources.
We are an agile team of technical engineers. Customer obsession is rooted deep in every decision we take. We move fast, allergic to over thinking and fail fast. We believe in building solutions the right way and with a “do what it takes” attitude. We are a team, a family, that will always succeed only as one team where all voices are heard, and all opinions are welcomed.
- Own and lead a solution of network access and security.
- Lead a team of 8-10 software developers.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
- Consider testability, monitoring, observability, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation, reliability, and monitoring for Live Site issues.
- in on-call rotations to support and debug customer-reported issues as well as internally created service incidents.
- At least 10+ years of professional software development and design experience, using one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, C#, Golang, Rust
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing a software development team or group.
- , Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, completion of a Code/Developer academy program or related industry equivalent experience
- Familiarity with (including but not limited to) networking protocols:
Layer (HTTP, HTTPS)
Layer & security (TCP/UDP, )
Layer3:IPv4, IPv6 and routing
- Experience with leadership of a network product (firewall, proxy, VPN)
- Experience with development of resilient software, high-availability services
- Contributions to software projects
- Knowledge of DPDK, L3/4 firewalls, L7 proxy (nginx, envoy, )
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.