Do you want to be part of a team that develops cutting-edge solutions for Microsoft’s devices and silicon? Do you have a passion for software engineering domain? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for this role!
We are looking for a talented, growth-minded SW engineer with a strong background in windows drivers and windows internals to join our team and make a significant impact on our future products.
Join us in pushing the boundaries of engineering and making an impact on a global scale. Your expertise will play a vital role in Microsoft's future devices. Take your career to the next level and be part of something remarkable, apply now! Together, we will achieve more.
- As a Senior software engineer, you will be responsible for products core features, from understanding the system requirements and defining the features behavior, through designing the software architecture to implementing and releasing high quality code.
- Collaboration will be a cornerstone of your work, as you'll engage closely with hardware and software engineers, system experts, security specialists, and graphics professionals.
- Partnering closely with Windows media professionals to redefine the media stack and craft media drivers for cutting-edge silicon.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years of experience in windows driver development: profound understanding and expertise in the Windows driver stack - demonstrated proficiency in designing, developing, and debugging Windows drivers is a must.
- At least 5 years of experience in C/C++, particularly for kernel-level programming.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms. Able to scale conversations from block diagrams to C/C++ level code explanations.
- Virtualization Technologies: Knowledgeable in virtualization technologies and hypervisors.
- Expertise in graphics and multimedia software stack of Windows OS.
- Processor Architectures: Very good comprehension of processor architectures, including ARM and x86, as well as bus architectures such as PCIe and AXI.
- Embedded software expert with at least 5 years of proven experience - mastering at least one RTOS.
- SoC Security: Familiarity with System-on-Chip (SoC) security architecture, with the ability to enhance security measures within driver development.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.