Do you want to be part of a team that develops cutting-edge security solutions for Microsoft’s devices and silicon? Do you have a passion for embedded software engineering and security domain? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for this role!
We are looking for a talented software engineer with a background in the security domain to take part in the development of innovative security solutions for the next generation portfolio products. In this role, you will be responsible for products core features, from understanding the system requirements and defining the features behavior, through designing the software architecture to implementing and releasing high quality code. You will work closely with hardware and software engineers, system engineers and security experts to characterize the solutions and determine the development strategy.
Join us in pushing the boundaries of security engineering and making an impact on a global scale. Your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the security and integrity of Microsoft's future devices. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and be part of something remarkable, apply now! Together, we will achieve more.
- Understanding system architecture specifications and product requirements and create SW architecture accordingly.
- Implementing and releasing high quality code, following engineering best practices.
- Applying security best practices and up-to-date SW development techniques.
- Working in close collaboration with HW and SW engineers and security experts from different groups in Microsoft.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded software engineering or a similar area.
- A strong background in security domain (e.g., cryptography, hardware security modules (HSMs) or TPMs, security protocols, secure boot process, modern operating systems security, etc.)
- A proficient knowledge of C/C++ programming languages and embedded software development tools.
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as Rust and Python is a plus.
- A solid understanding of embedded systems architecture and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms. Able to scale conversations from block diagrams to C level code explanations.
- A high degree of creativity and innovation, with the ability to solve complex problems and deliver robust solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.