We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Data Platform & Advanced Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to join our Customer Success Unit within the Israeli Data & AI Team. This pivotal role is customer-facing and encompasses a broad range of responsibilities, including the design, build, and maintenance of Azure applications, with a key emphasis on problem-solving to overcome technical barriers and drive customer adoption.
You will own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to productions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand the customer's overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design robust architectures and solutions (including third-party solutions).
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, Data Migration Strategy, Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI, etc.)
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and Microsoft stakeholders to develop complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform, ensuring that all solutions adhere to the "Well-Architected" framework, exhibiting high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Lead Architectural Design Sessions to build an implementation plan aligning with customer business goals and their technical environment. This will result in a consensus on solution design and the next steps toward production.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision-makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company, enabling them to be cloud advocates.
- Be the Voice of the Customer; share insights and best practices and connect with Engineering teams to eliminate blockers.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to demonstrate the value of implementing Azure technologies.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of the Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
- Minimum of 7 years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Analytics and AI Platform Cloud solutions required:
- MS SQL (Azure SQL DB/ Azure SQL Managed Instance/ SQL on VM)
- OSS RDBMS (PostgreSQL/ MySQL/ MariaDB)
- NoSQL DB (MongoDB/ Cassandra/ Cosmos DB/ etc.)
- Big Data Analytics: SQL DW/Snowflake/ Databricks
- Business Intelligence: Power BI
- Data Governance/ Data Engineering/ Modeling
- Advantage: Python/C#, KQL
- Extensive technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud).
- Extensive technical experience with cloud-native app hosting through software design, development, deployment, and app refactoring/migrations.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred.
- Understanding partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience in a related field.
Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.