In SMC and Digital Sales, we have set out with the purpose of empowering our customers through the unique value of the Microsoft cloud by building a globally led, digital-first scale organization aligned with partners. Dedicated to one of the fastest growing customer segments, the Small, Medium, Corporate (SMC) and Digital Sales organization is on pace to be Microsoft's next $100 billion-dollar business - this is where you come in. As part of local subsidiaries or Digital Sales centers around the world, you will support a dedicated set of customers in identifying and achieving their business objectives through best-in-class digital engagement and partner co-selling. You will also have an opportunity to work cross-collaboratively while living our shared SMC and Digital Sales Culture priorities: Diversity and Inclusivity, Wellbeing, Sustainability, and Learning. If you have been described as customer obsessed and have a passion for digital-first solutions, we invite you to learn more about the SMC and Digital Sales organization and the value we deliver to our customers, partners, and one another, every day.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is seeking talented professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Digital Cloud Acquisition team drives growth for Microsoft by helping customers realize the value of the Microsoft Cloud. Powered by a world-class connected sales and marketing platform, this team leverages marketing insights to reach customers when and where they want to engage digitally to help solve their business problems. We’re powered by the latest innovations in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to engage with customers, collaborate across our global teams, and acquire and retain new business for Microsoft.
Do you love working with customers to achieve their business outcomes? Would you love to build expertise around the leading, next generation cloud services? As a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA), you will become part of the next generation of sales leaders at Microsoft. With the aid of best-in-class sales processes, techniques and technologies, you will be empowered to shape customer relationships for a strategic set of Microsoft's customers. These customers are adopting industry-leading products and services for their businesses, education systems or governments. You will serve as the central point of contact for the customer across engagements helping to drive Microsoft's existing cloud & enterprise consumption through developing and managing customer relationships.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
As a Digital Cloud Solution Architect (CSA), you'll be responsible for protecting and growing our most dynamic Azure customers. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Cloud Solution Architect leads, manages, and orchestrates their virtual teams and closes engagements with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
The Digital Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) will be responsible for:
- Digital Transformation Leader and Operational Excellence: Lead, drive and manage engagements for repeatable achievement of revenue and consumption targets.
- Value Creator: Identify and articulate business value of role and solutions for customer organization through demonstrations, storytelling, etc. to provide evidence of business value in the customer environment.
- Consumption: Conduct analyses into what customers are using versus needs. Drives greater consumption (cloud and support) with customers based on analysis of both usage and needs. Leverages insights to provide guidance and recommendations to customers; drives, retains, and optimizes customer consumption
- Portfolio Management: Manage a dedicated portfolio of customers while preventing churn.
- Technical Acumen: Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies
- Technical Leadership: Leverage best practices to guide customer strategy and future growth for Microsoft by cultivating customer affinity with Microsoft programs/solutions that drive impact for the customer and establishing Microsoft as a leader. Provide feedback to Microsoft on customer development needs, customer blockers, or mitigation strategies.
- Build Customer Knowledge: Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
- 5+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications :
- 8+ years sales and negotiation experience, technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, technical sales experience, or related work or internship experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Working with startups or in the startup ecosystem
- 1+ year(s) experience in one or more of the following: designing architecture, networking, container services, data center migrations or database administration, design and architect experience in data analytics, coding/development, cloud-based solution designs, migrations or management of technology.Technical:
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following: designing architecture, networking, container services, data center migrations or database administration, design and architect experience in data analytics, coding/development, cloud-based solution designs, migrations or management of technology.
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft of competitive platforms of similar product (e.g., AZ104 + AZ 303/304/ or 305, DP 203/204)
- OR equivalent certifications (AWS, GCP).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years sales and negotiation experience, technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, technical sales experience, or related work or internship experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.