We are looking for a new hands-on architect to join the CTO office of Microsoft Security. This team has the responsibility for ensuring Microsoft delivers the market-leading security technologies in all markets we choose to serve. This is a broad cross-team and cross-discipline role, working on technologies with high visibility and high impact. This is your opportunity to be part of a fast-moving, startup-like team and to have a great time doing so. Join us and shape the future of security!
- Lead an ongoing exploration, evaluation and adoption of technologies and tactical capabilities; work closely with customers and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities for technology use to improve business outcomes and translate that into an achievable action plan.
- Be a “founding architect” with hands on experience in development and in disruptive security solutions.
- Lead end-to-end design, implementation, and delivery of POCs.
- Autonomously lead the definition of requirements and planning of engineering deliverables.
- You have 5+ years of software development & hands-on experience.
- You have experience in designing and building complex high-available and scalable systems with a multi-disciplinary knowledge of networking, security protocols, Windows and designing cloud-based services (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.).
- You can lead a technical initiative and map it to product/feature requirements and identify dependencies, deliverables and the end-to-end process.
- You are independent and capable of navigating in an ambiguous environment, with great people skills. Leadership and collaboration.
- Flexibility in learning new concepts and technologies and moving quickly between different initiatives and ideas.
- MUST have experience setting strategy and building alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- You have experience in the cybersecurity domain.
- You have experience with Azure and other cloud environments.
- You have experience with encryption methods and security protocols.
- You have experience in product execution from inception to production.
- Can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Master's degree in Computer Science (advantage)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.