Come and be part of the team building one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, MDE helps enterprises detect, investigate, and automatically disrupt advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. From detecting nation state actors to huge ransomware actors in action, our research team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover and protect against even the most well-funded attacker.
We are seeking an experienced security researcher who is excited by uncovering unknown attacks to join our Israeli research team and focus on detecting and disrupting sophisticated enterprise attacks. The job includes researching novel attack techniques, hunting through our rich sensor data, identifying necessary optics for detecting malicious behavior and crafting detection and protection logic to ensure compromise does not go undetected.
• Investigate, analyze, and expand upon security research and real incidents to develop durable detection strategies across the entire kill-chain
• Collaborate with multiple product teams to design sensors, implement detection ideas, and validate their effectiveness using a data-driven approach
• Collaborate with data science teams to understand and identify detection gaps, capabilities, assumptions, and improvements
• Be involved in customer conversations in order to identify opportunities, gaps and concerns
• BS+ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 10+ years of software development/research experience
• Deep and practical OS internals knowledge
• Reverse Engineering skills: familiar with debuggers, disassemblers, protocols, file formats
• Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills.
• Prior people management experience
• Offensive security research experience
• Digital forensics skills
• Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, or books
• Low-level/security knowledge of other operating systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.