Cyber-attacks are increasing in volume and sophistication, evading traditional defenses, and posing a growing risk to enterprises from outside criminal organizations and malicious insiders in the organization. Microsoft 365 Defender, part of Microsoft’s XDR solution, leverages the Microsoft 365 security portfolio to automatically analyze threat data across domains, building a complete picture of each attack in a single dashboard. With this breadth and depth of clarity defenders can now focus on critical threats and hunt for sophisticated breaches, trusting that the powerful automation in Microsoft 365 Defender detects and stops attacks anywhere in the kill chain and returns the organization to a secure state. Join our team of engineers to develop cutting edge detection and remediation systems. Be a part of defining and shaping the next big leap in the Microsoft 365 Defender journey.
If like us, cyber security is something you’re passionate about, you live and love data, want to make the world a safer place for millions of customers, you love creating products for and with customers and you are a team player - come join us.
Our team focuses on diversity of all types in candidates for our roles and we strive to hire people with different experiences and perspectives into our team. To that end, we know that no candidate has every desired skill and experience, but all of us together makes our team strong.
As a software engineering manager, you will have the opportunity to work on business-critical initiatives that directly shape the future of Microsoft Security products.
• Mentor and inspire a diverse team of software engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to the team, leading by example, assisting with architectural decisions, code reviews, and problem solving.
• Take a broad cross-team and cross-discipline role, working on a product with high visibility and high impact.
• Lead end-to-end design, implementation and delivery of services and features, following industry best practices, adhering to very high security standards.
Microsoft Defender 365 product suite is building industry leading security products that are protecting hundreds of millions of users
The suite consists of multiple security workloads each responsible for a domain such as protecting endpoints, cloud apps, identities, cloud etc. Each workload is responsible for both a best-of-suite offering (as part of the M365 Defender suite) as well as best-of-breed offering.
workloads operates at high scale, high quality and collaboration and put an emphasis on top-notch engineering and quality to deliver innovative high scale solutions and a highly stable product.
- You have 8+ years of software development experience
- You have 3+ years of people management: recruiting, technical leadership and mentorship, personal development, team building, vision, and roadmap creation.
- You hold a B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent field.
- You have experince in leading complex designs, implement with quality and scale, mentor engineers.
- You have an expertise in architecture, design , development and deployment of high scale cloud systems.