Come and be part of the team building one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products. As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, the Microsoft 365 Defender security suite helps enterprises detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks.
We are seeking a security researcher, who enjoys unraveling the mysteries and unique patterns of device communications in Microsoft’s enormous scale of network signals, to join our Israeli research team and help provide our customers with visibility to connected devices across their network, whether it is a smart TV, IP camera or a rogue access point. The job includes performing low level research of network behaviors and protocols and identifying the necessary optics for delivering advanced device discovery, security posture and attack detection logics, which will be integrated as part of the Microsoft 365 Defender products suite.
- Analyze and research network protocols, which can be used to discovery and classify network devices and to identify suspicious traffic and anomalous patterns.
- Explore massive amounts of data to come up with new security posture insights which can then be translated into security recommendations for our customers.
- Work together with the different engineering teams to develop the code to support the research findings.
- Collaborate with multiple product teams to design sensors, implement discovery & detection logics and validate their effectiveness using a data-driven approach.
- Collaborate with data science teams to understand and identify detection gaps, capabilities, assumptions, and improvements.
- Collaborate with other teams across Microsoft and come up with innovative ideas which should be part of future versions of the product.
- 4+ years of security research, which is primarily focused networking.
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience with leading a feature end 2 end (design, coding, testing, maintenance)
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills
- Offensive security research experience
- Familiarity with PowerShell
- Familiarity with Python
- Management experience
- Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, or books
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.