About the Role
Our Design Team is looking for a Senior Designer for M365 Security.
In this role you will be collaborating across multiple disciplines and cross-functionally with multiple organizations. Senior Designers excel at generating user focused outcomes and driving design excellence in often changing and ambiguous environments.
You have co-ownership of the problems that we are working on, and you are jointly responsible that the right system is built. You act in service to the larger team, but also the company, and all our customers. You are a champion of the One Microsoft mindset. You will work closely with other Leaders to drive our strategy and raise the bar of our practice…ensuring we are building the best solutions for the right problems at the right time.
About the team
Cyber security is arguably one of the most significant concerns for enterprises today. M365 Security, Compliance, Management and identity Team has been building momentum in this space and has become a market leader in several categories. As part of our evolution, we are innovating at a rapid pace, designing new experiences that extend from the security professional to the consumer spaces. If you are curious and have a passion for complexity, come join our multidisciplinary team of designers and creatives who are transforming the workplace.
We are huge fans of sticky notes, whiteboard sketching, and using design thinking to drive impact across our products. We partner with top-notch program managers, engineers, producers, and researchers to collaborate on release dates, technological challenges, and immerse ourselves in customer feedback.
Our studios are large, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences. The team is located in Redmond, Israel and India. We partner with top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who together on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback.
About the company
At Microsoft, we have bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To make that a reality, we are charged with driving the strategy that turns a product vision into action. We do this by designing inclusive environments that promote creative exploration and building productivity frameworks that allow people to operate at the peak of efficiency and effectiveness.
Envision and design experiences that ultimately change behaviors that put a company and/or themselves at risk.
Plan, Execute, Deliver
- Comfortably lead and inspire other designers.
- Create opportunities for designers to grow and flourish
- Provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team.
- Guide design efforts in collaboration with stakeholders balancing company, stakeholder, and user needs
- Review designs to ensure that efforts are aligned with company, stakeholder, and user priorities.
- Own your own timelines and deliverables, guide production
- Communicate evolving project goals.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration (e.g., with Engineering and PM) to drive value.
- Receive and prioritize incoming feature requests across assigned product areas
- Find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work.
- Understand strategic business goals to focus work around Objectives and Key Results
- Present complex design concepts to key stakeholders and business partners
- Proactively identify and resolve impediments.
- Guide team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution of tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- Deep knowledge of design, with particular strength in UX
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in product design, HCI, interaction design, industrial design, communication design, architecture, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing simultaneous projects and coordinating the efforts of multiple teams
- Self-starter with expertise in user experience and design
- Understands how to utilize design specialties and how/when to integrate with partnering teams (PM, engineering, data science, marketing, and content teams)
- Customer-centric mindset with experience turning research outcomes into success stories
- Solid understanding of design systems and technical frameworks
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Figma, Invision, Adobe suite, Jira, DevOps, and others)
- Awareness of inclusive design and how it supports Microsoft's mission
- Willingness to question established thinking in pursuit of better outcomes
- Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
- Experience with Security space is a plus, but not a requirement
- Recent use and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.