The AE+P IL Media AI group is building Microsoft’s Artificial Media Intelligence and analytics platform. We are developing Video Indexer (see it yourself at https://vi.microsoft.com ) and deal with innovative ways to extract insights from media objects. We’re operating at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence and are focused on the richest data object there is – videos.
As an innovative team, we focus on creating real value for our customers and on delightful experiences. Any individual in our team gets a chance to impact every aspect of the product - from user experience and UI design to Algorithmic and ML capabilities to engineering platform and operations; via own contributions and by working closely with peer Product Groups and Microsoft researchers on cutting edge problems and by tackling core engineering challenges.
We are looking for a strong Front-End Engineer with proven experience to help us build Video Indexer web application while not compromising on performance and compliance demands.
If you love finding creative ways to leverage new Front-End technologies to make meaningful business impact, are versatile and willing to work at all levels of the code stack, like talking to customers for feedback, have an uncompromised passion for sleek and delightful experiences and designs, and have a strong background and passion for front end engineering – this is the best place for you to be.
Requirements for the position:
- Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent - must
- 4+ years of experience with Front End development - must
- Proven experience with a Front-End Framework such as Angular/react/vue – must
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TypeScript – big plus
- Experience with accessibility and localization – big plus
- Experience with WebAssembly/WebGPU - plus
- Experience with web media technologies - plus
- Strong problem solving & coding skills
- Outstanding team player with strong communication skills
- Independent, capable of making decision in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and being resilient to changes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.