Microsoft Azure Core ILDC (Microsoft Israel Development Center) team is a new and fast growing team, with multiple intriguing projects in different networking and storage areas.
As the one of the largest public cloud platforms worldwide, Azure provides a great channel for product impact that touches the lives of millions of users daily, in an environment at the cutting edge of high-performance computing and networking.
We leverage the flexibility and parallelism delivered by FPGAs to radically accelerate many types of computations and functions of the Azure network. Our vertical work environment includes developing and deploying FPGA devices, drivers, and end to end features, and interaction with large software teams on important customer-facing applications.
Microsoft Azure is building the fastest and most secure networks in public cloud. ILDC is seeking candidates who ideally have networking and/or security background and can learn fast and adopt.
We are looking for excellent engineers who want to:
- Create, impact and collaborate with the best-in-class engineers
- Be part of building a new team and contribute to its success.
- Innovate, solve problems and work as part of a team.
- Build network systems and services, taking products all the way from an idea to production.
You will enhance and develop the next-generation of accelerated Software-Defined Networking (SDN), including arbitrary packet manipulations, reducing virtualization overhead, and improving performance with RDMA and custom network protocols.
You will be driving projects with other teams in Microsoft, our hardware partners and OS partners.
You will collaborate with different partners in Azure Networking team in Israel and US.
You will be responsible for designing new features, testing and deploying at scale.
You will contribute to networking code stability and customer satisfaction.
- Design, propose and oversee the analysis/evaluation of hardware architectures
- Design and code RTL modules written in Verilog/SystemVerilog/UVM and targeting FPGAs
- Simulate and perform hardware-based testing, debug, and verification of FPGA designs
- Scripting and basic software development in support of hardware design
- Apply Agile development methodologies including code reviews, sprint planning, and frequent deployment
- Handle a DevOps role with occasional on-call responsibilities for resolving customer issues in production
- Oversee and train junior engineers and take leadership roles on large projects
- Collaborate closely with hardware and software teams
- Occasional on-call responsibilities for resolving customer issues in production
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional digital logic design
- Extensive knowledge of hardware design concepts and tools
- Desire to handle a wide array of challenges, with a versatile can-do attitude
- Be productive and flexible in a fast-moving, geographically diverse and agile environment
- Experience in digital logic design and verification in Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Experience with digital design flow for FPGA
- Experience in HW Architecture, RISC processor design, cache design, pipelining, hazard management
- Experience in writing test plan for complex systems
- Experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) scoreboards
- Ability to read and write code in C, C++, and/or Python
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including RDMA, SR-IOV, TCP, UDP, and IP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.