Microsoft and the Azure Platform team are establishing a new Operating Systems Security team in Israel, and we are looking for a creative and experienced security Researcher to be at the forefront of the offence. If you are passionate about security and about making operating systems be one step ahead of hackers, we have a job for you.
The Microsoft Platform Security team is responsible for securing the operating systems built at Microsoft spanning across Linux, Embedded, Windows and Azure and used by more than a billion customers in homes, businesses, and across Azure. This team performs security design reviews, code reviews, and penetration testing (code audit, writing , finding creative ways to break assumptions) on key operating system features to make sure they meet the highest possible security standards.
In this role, you will be the key technical person in a team of security researchers and engineers tasked with helping Microsoft engineers ship the most secure product possible. The ideal candidate will be a technical subject matter expert with rich and diverse technical and security experience. Additionally, candidates should have a clear understanding of OS security fundamentals and architecture, hands-on experience with native code (C/C++, rust, go), solid computer science skills, and a passion for keeping Microsoft customers safe.
In other words, you will:
- Be the security authority for teams building new innovative products and technologies
- Be the subject matter expert on key technologies and their security
- Lead security reviews to identify and mitigate risk in Linux, Windows and embedded devices, including design review, code reviews and penetration testing
- Identify security vulnerabilities in a wide variety of key OS features such as network protocols, security features and virtualization
- Collaborate with other security teams across Microsoft to design and develop new security mitigations and defenses, with a focus on strategy and scalability
- Manage the work of cross-functional teams implementing the technology which involves multiple components, interfaces and groups
- Leverage a broad and current understanding of security
- Influence the internal and external security community, researchers and security conference presenters
- 15+ years of security engineering, identifying vulnerabilities in operating systems or native applications
- Complete and proficiency and deep understanding of either Linux, Windows or embedded security concepts and mechanisms
- Experience working with engineering teams, driving security requirements
- Hands on with native (c/, rust, go) code and scripting
- Outstanding team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new skills and operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to calculate, articulate and demonstrate the business need for security
- Public track record of relevant security research, especially around vulnerability discovery
- Experience exploiting bugs and bypassing security mitigations in operating systems
- Proven experience as being a technical subject matter expert, direction the research and leading others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.