Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Digital Sales organization is at the forefront of establishing a sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Do you possess superior leadership, communications and consultative capabilities? Microsoft is seeking a manager with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center as the Digital Sales Manager to lead our business.
As the Digital Sales Manager, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Digital Account Executives teams consist of highly capable salespeople that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities are to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way to deal close.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Ensures high standards across teams for customer relationships. Serves as escalation point for customer issues. Shares best practices across teams. Acts as executive sponsor for accounts. Is trusted advisor for customers and partners. Helps customers to digitally transform. Coaches teams to identify contacts in new accounts, building customer engagement and digitally transform their businesses. Advocates for customers (voice of the customer) within the organization/Microsoft. Ensures customer insights are gathered and feedback loop to stakeholder groups is followed.
- Ensures that team conducts due diligence to understand customers' priorities and strategies, and plans programs appropriately. Coordinates with colleagues across teams to support programs and processes. Expertise in Industry-relevant Microsoft solutions. Coaches and drives challenger mindset. Coaches team on senior executive engagements and relevancy to board-level approvals. Ensures teams use digital tools and technology to conduct research and engage customers. Builds partner relationships to drive scale and revenue. Coaches and influences partners to consider different solution needs. Engages with C-Suite executives. Coaches teams on how to leverage broader Microsoft organization to better understand customers. Drives active listening and a challenger mindset with teams. Understands market conditions (e.g., within a country, within a vertical, laws, political environment) to inform customer engagements. Manages relationships inclusive of customers, partners, and internal and external stakeholders. Coaches sellers on opportunity reviews to understand stakeholder management impact (e.g., influence, budget).
- Sets standards for customer satisfaction metrics (e.g., timeliness and quality of contact). Incorporates feedback from internal teams and from customers into future engagements. Identifies key trends causing customer dissatisfaction and works systematic efforts to resolve (e.g., process improvements). Sets culture of customer obsession to ensure teams liaise with Customer Partner Experience (CPE) to generate outcomes. Takes ownership for issues and reaches out to customers to reinforce engagement. Celebrates success with teams. Shares learnings and simplification ideas from customer issues with broader team to mitigate existing issues. Engages with internal teams to resolve customer issues and drive accountability.
- Leads teams in prioritizing and managing renewal process, including creatively addresses renewal options with internal partners and customers to maximize business outcomes and likelihood of renewal (e.g., industry case references, similar customer paths on deployment and adoption; whole stack adoption). Resolves escalations as needed. Understands risks and opportunities for growth. Represents full business picture to management. Drives team to deliver on growth targets and on-time renewals. Leads rhythm of the business with licensing solution provider partners to drive accountability. Verify the T- process is followed and address identified process gaps. Coaches managers and teams to ensure that activities are in place to drive consumption leading up to the renewal process. Drives customers to cloud solutions.
- Coordinates resources across teams to execute territory plans. Leads teams on territory management best practices and techniques. Ensures teams meet standards for portfolio optimization and have access to the tools needed for effective portfolio management. Validates plans, drives accountability, and coaches teams to achieve or exceed plans. Drives strategic partner participation. Holds partners accountable to contribute to territory plan. Coaches on how to plan for both scale and depth, as appropriate (i.e., account approach for top accounts; territory approach for remaining accounts). Ensures v-team is included and leveraged in portfolio and territory planning. Ensures future-focused orientation for pipeline coverage.
- Provides coaching and guidance on importance of driving value for customers. Ensures teams conduct analyses into what customers are using versus needs. Engages with C-Suite executives to discuss where Microsoft solutions drive customer value. Prompts teams to explore available resources and programs to help grow consumption. Identifies resources (e.g., v-team orchestration) and partner solutions to help customers derive value from existing Microsoft investments.
- Seeks new scenarios where orchestration and collaboration would be needed. Triaging gaps. Understands where new relationships may be needed, either internal or external to Microsoft. Ensures pod is working according to intent. Ensures clarity of roles and responsibilities within the pod and held accountable accordingly. Drives clarity on co-sell prioritized partners with whom the team works. Ensures voice of team is heard so right partners are available. Coaches managers and teams on available resources within the organization and how best to leverage them. Creates clarity of priorities for managers and teams. Protects the team's capacity to deliver on highest priorities.
- Holds team accountable for driving movement of customers to cloud solutions. Supports team in demonstrating value of cloud solutions to potential and existing customers. Understands and accelerates customer cloud strategy. Assists customers in building roadmap to achieve desired outcomes. Presents range of options and Microsoft cloud strategy to customer in large and complex deals to achieve desired outcomes that address multiple strategic factors. Drives customer adds and existing customers to new solutions. Coaches teams to engage with customers on strategic cloud goals. Helps teams think more strategically about opportunities. Ensures team has had cloud conversations and aligns deal execution accordingly. Conducts win-loss reviews with team to identify opportunities for future improvement. For complex deals, engages business desk resources appropriately and proactively. Demonstrates heightened deal making and licensing capabilities. Conducts reviews to remove blockers and assist teams in leveraging resources. Ensures teams are abiding by compliance requirements. Coaches team around challenger mindset.
Maintain Product and Solution Expertise
- Coordinates across teams to share systematic methods for staying up to date on Microsoft offers and solutions. Shares best practices across teams. Develops and implements plan to build and maintain product and solution expertise. Ensures team has time to dedicate to training and development. Holds self and team accountable for creating and executing personal development plan. Completes required and recommended training and certifications in a timely manner. Creates an environment where best practices are shared by the team in self-sustaining fashion. Drives Technical Skills Initiative (TSI) for the team. Develops and maintains own skillset to enhance self and team performance. Leads from the front.
- Extensive sales and negotiation experience, in software / technology related industry, with year-over-year growth
- Strong people management experience, proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more
- Languages: English, Turkish required, Hebrew added advantage
- Experience managing business agross multiple geographies preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.