Are you looking for a product group / engineering role where you will impact the product roadmap and develop the tools necessary for successful customer adoption and reporting? Do you have a strong passion for developing a high performing team that thrives on creating new services and the tools to support them? Have you managed high performing teams across a diverse range of skill sets and locations? Do you have the unique qualification of being an engineer who understands product lifecycle (from development through release), sales, services, and our partner ecosystem? Do you thrive in ambiguity? If so, then we are looking for you!
The Customer Acceleration Tools (CAT) Team as part of the larger Security Compliance Identity and Management (SCIM) organization and engages with customers and partners to fulfill Microsoft’s mission “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.” The CAT Tools team assists in the onboarding of customers to our services, delivering a top-notch customer experience, and driving a data-driven customer / engineering feedback loop to inform decision making. In addition to working with customers and collecting feedback, the CAT Tools team identifies and builds the necessary tools to streamline onboarding customers to pilots while maintaining and tracking customer engineering engagements and impacts within a robust Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment.
The CAT Tools team is committed to our customers’ success and growth through world-class customer engineering engagement and continuous product improvements. We are looking for customer-obsessed individuals with the ability to lead a high-performing team to influence product priorities and service delivery approach with a knowledge of business applications to track progress, engagement, and impact. Our business is complex and requires a high degree of operational and execution excellence across a wide range of internal and customer stakeholders alongside a mentoring and coaching approach to a large team of high performing individuals.
The person in this role will lead the CAT Tools team efforts by leading our PM’s, working with our partners and customers to identify, define, and build this strategic portfolio of products including new product and service incubations. This person will also lead our tools team as we grow our internal tooling focus to aid in customer onboarding and experience.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Reporting: Work with a team of PM’s to manage, enhance and extend the use of Microsoft Dynamics 365 as the foundation for tracking and managing all customer engagements within the SCIM engineering organization. Provide reporting and dashboarding capabilities to stakeholders leveraging Dynamics 365 and PowerBI platforms. Inform and guide the team on additive reporting and analytical capabilities to address the continual needs of stakeholders.
Tooling: Work with a team of developers to inform the priority scenarios, scope and requirements which will benefit our customers when onboarding to our solutions. Define the tool specifications which will then be developed, deployed and made available to our customers. Work with the dev team to define tool lifecycle, documentation, and onboarding guides. Manage and track overall usage of tools to determine effectiveness over time.
Product & Service Insights: Working with the SCIM and Office engineering teams, use your knowledge from enterprise customers, partners, and technical expertise to help guide the future direction of our products and services. Directly influencing the product and service roadmap to build better products. Work with diverse engineering teams across the US, Israel, and India to create truly innovative solutions to delight our customers.
Field and Stakeholder Enablement: Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with various groups within the organization including engineering, account teams, enterprise services\support, and partner teams to deliver key business metrics. Create healthy partnerships and working relationships within our team and across Microsoft.
Engage, Evangelize, & Educate: Possess broad technical knowledge and IT service expertise to engage across multiple audiences to understand customer and partner business & operational requirements and provide consultative guidance on service capabilities across the Microsoft platform (comprising M365, Dynamics, Azure) to achieve desired outcomes.
Manage, Coach, Care: As a PM Manager you will be responsible for building and leading a team of high performing Product Managers who engage directly with customers, partners, tooling, and product teams to shape the future of Microsoft products and services. Your role will be to guide, coach, and support the team to maximize their impact and support their career growth. Lead by example, create clarity and deliver success across customer, product, business, and culture.
Here’s some of what we are looking for in a candidate:
- Passion to support direct reports’ growth and career with experience leading a large, diverse team.
- Technical curiosity, acumen, and aptitude to quickly understand product capabilities, technology, technical issues, and customer needs.
- Diverse and inclusive strong cross-team collaboration, i.e. active listening and initiating diverse perspectives, focusing on shared success. Ability to understand different career stages and develop reports’ careers appropriately.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with customers and partners (Business Decision Makers, CSOs and IT Leaders), speaking on behalf of Engineering, helping them understand our value proposition and our services; direct experience working with customers and/or partners highly desired.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams throughout the product development lifecycle to deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Passion for enabling great customer & partner experiences with outstanding customer satisfaction track record.
- Solid experience in identifying technical gaps and advocating on behalf of the customer/partner to make our products even stronger with proven track record driving the prioritization of product improvements based on actual customer evidence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Continual Service Improvement.
- Proven ability to operate in a cross-group, cross-functional engineering roles to identify product and service requirements to directly influence building better products and experiences our enterprise customers love.
- Ability to both demonstrate flexibility and build out scalable programs as we mainstream the business.
- An ability to work well within fast-paced, ambiguous situations where you need to define the problem, desired outcome, and best path froward to deliver customer success.
- Great communication skills, adapting your style and level of information based on the audience.
- Demonstrated flexibility and experience in building, tracking, and driving large scale programs.
We embrace a culture which is customer focused, collaborative, fun and iterative – one that delivers continuously and drives engineering excellence.
- A proven track record of defining, designing, specifying, managing, and shipping features and/or technologies.
- 8+ years of Product Management and/or leadership expertise in a technology business
- Experience managing high performing teams and making others great
- Clear and effective communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken communication for both internal and external audiences, and ability to adapt to your audience (including senior executives).
- Ability to go deep in technical / solution areas with drive and growth mindset.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders leading highly visible initiatives/products/projects at scale.
- A strategic mindset and vision to anticipate future demands and competitive trends.
- The ability to partner closely with both internal and external customers and partners.
- Positive and collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to work on cross-team projects/managing distributed stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft business applications including Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Customer Voice.
- Experience with reporting, analytical and dashboarding capabilities including Microsoft Dynamics 365, PowerBI, Excel.
- Familiarity with automation capabilities included in the Microsoft Power Platform
- Prior work experience with Microsoft 365 services such as SPO, EXO, OD, Teams, Intune and Azure AD
- Prior work experience with Microsoft Security, Compliance, Identity and Management products across Microsoft 365 and Azure is desired.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.