Come and be part of the team building one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products. As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, the Microsoft 365 Defender security suite helps enterprises detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. As part of that suite, Microsoft Defender for Identity is responsible for protecting customers by providing visibility and detections for identity attacks based on cutting-edge technologies.
We are seeking a security researcher who enjoys unraveling the mysteries and unique patterns of networking, authentication protocols and identity attacks, to join our Israeli research team, and help provide our customers with the needed protection. The job includes performing low level research of user & device behaviors and numerous protocols, for the purpose of identifying the necessary optics and delivering the detection logic.
- Analyze and research network protocols, which can be used to classify network devices and to identify traffic anomalies.
- Work together with the different engineering team to develop the code to support the research findings.
- Collaborate with multiple product teams to design sensors, implement detection ideas and validate their effectiveness using a data-driven approach.
- Collaborate with other teams across Microsoft and come up with innovative ideas which should be part of future versions of the product.
- 6+ years of security research, which is primarily focused around networking.
- Proficiency in developing C# and/or C++.
- Experience with leading a feature end 2 end (design, coding, testing, maintenance)
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills
- or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant practical experience (e.g. service in elite technology unit in IDF)
- Offensive security research experience
- Management experience
- Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, or books
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.