About the product and mission
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Senior User Researcher to join the Dynamics 365 Sales team and guide the evolution of Microsoft’s third cloud from a system of records to an insight-powered productivity tool. We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
At Microsoft, we have a clear mission and bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our technology and innovation. To make that a reality, our Dynamics 365 team is charged with crafting solutions that transform the way business users are working by allowing them to focus on building strong relationships with customers, empowering them to take data driven actions, and optimizing their time for impact. For this, we’re leveraging modern design paradigms, cutting edge AI tech and integration with other productivity tools—all with a steadfast commitment to customer privacy and AI ethics. Our success requires a deep understanding of our users and an ability to transform data-driven insights into relentlessly simple, intuitive, and humanistic experiences: This is where you come in!
About the role:
You will build a deep understanding of users, competition and market, and conduct analyses in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’ll improve the solutions we build by uncovering actionable insights for the existing product, as well as gaps, needs, and opportunities to guide future investments. You’ll work with designers, product managers, and developers to strategize together on ambiguous and ambitious challenges. You’ll use your storytelling skills to inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering engaging, insightful, and action-oriented recommendations that are easy to digest and act upon.
Your primary job as an advocate for our users is to turn their needs into reality by helping the product team understand what would make a user’s experience more useful, valuable, and delightful. You will work in a high performing UX Research team where community of practice and learning from one another keeps everyone supported while working at a fast pace. In addition, you’ll be joining Microsoft’s larger community of researchers across the globe where we share best practices and celebrate our learning in an annual conference, publications, mentorship programs, and more.
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to develop a research strategy that includes generative and evaluative research studies, and ensure the right data is being collected to positively impact the product direction
- Conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative research activities to inform product design, including but not limited usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, surveys, user journey maps, benchmarks and personas
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (when appropriate) manner to our key stakeholders on the product and design teams, and drive meaningful action based on those findings
- Create durable research insights that align with user-centered design principles and positively impact Dynamics 365 and Microsoft's overall product portfolio
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 5+ years of experience conducting product design research
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of design research methodologies including but not limited usability studies, prototype testing, concept value testing, field/remote studies, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, user journey mapping, personas, competitive reviews, benchmark studies, and surveys
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence product design and direction
- Strong leadership skills to deliver projects and customer insights within and across product teams that resulted in strong product impact
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of users across a wide range of technical abilities
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience with UI design best practices and agile software development
- Ability to work effectively across functions and with members of other teams
- Good understanding of and experience with software and tools for user research (e.g., Usertersting.com, , Figma, Qualtrics)
About Microsoft Israel Design Community
With the goal of empowering every person to achieve more, we’ve established an Israel-based design community. We are 60 designers spanning multiple disciplines—user researchers, interaction designers, and content designers—working on different products across various Microsoft groups. As a community, we support the growth of anyone who cares about the user experience—designers and non-designers alike, within Microsoft and across the broader local design community. Our activities include Figma Days for designers, Design Days with external speakers to learn from each other and to spark conversations that might not otherwise e, and more. We are a social collective committed to sharing knowledge and expertise openly and transparently. We're always looking for new members to join us on this exciting journey!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.