Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Our team of Embedded Escalation Engineers (EEE) are a global and diverse team that takes pride in solving the most challenging technical issues in the Azure Commerce space and our impact grows exponentially when we have members who are willing to challenge the status quo to drive changes for an eventual better future outcome for our customers. We want members who will get into the detail, be data driven, get creative, be willing to experiment, be persistent and be unafraid to fail because we will learn and share the learnings with the community, so we all keep getting better.
- Perform complex product debugging and remediation when needed; working alongside the Commerce and other product development teams to drive support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers. Ability to read/write code is key to be able to debug and develop automation tools and critical insights.
Identify emerging trends or recurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow. Powered by data, collaborate with the Commerce development teams to realize product improvement opportunities that positively impact our customer experiences.
- Identify automation/tooling opportunities and build critical insights enabling front line support engineers.
Required Technical Skills:
• Knowledge of Online Commerce or Billing Systems
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze complex problems and execute solutions to address deficiencies impacting customers
• Experience working with Cloud Computing services (such as Azure, Amazon)
• Demonstrable proficiency with Query Languages such as MySQL, SQL, Cosmos or Kusto
Required Languages: English language; confident in reading, writing and speaking.
Required Soft Skills:
• Passion for technology and customer support, belief that you can make a difference
• Leadership and maturity to handle technically complex and politically hot customer situations
• Strong communication skills with customers and engineering teams including ability to present complex technical issues clearly to a general audience
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with Engineering teams to influence for architectural and product changes that improve our customer experiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.