Do you want to be part of the team that builds the future of planning and tracking work with GitHub? Our team enables customers to bring their ideas to life, innovate and collaborate throughout the whole project lifecycle. GitHub Issues is a market-leading service to manage and track work right where it happens.
Learn more about GitHub’s project management tools: https://github.com/features/#features-project-management
Enhance the project management experience at GitHub by working closely with a community of engineers and designers with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering the services that millions of developers depend on. In this role you will design, prototype, implement, ship and support highly performant and inspiring user experiences with your team.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers, people who care about culture as well as customers and features. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, a common purpose, passion for quality, curiosity, dedication, and investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results. Great products reflect the teams that build them.
As part of this team you’ll work on some of the core services at GitHub and deliver customer value with everything we do. This job provides an opportunity to
- Build experiences that millions of people love and use every day, helping them to be more productive, collaborate more effectively and achieve their goals.
- Have a real impact, take on ownership of GitHub.com. Contribute to and improve our code base from day one.
- Grow your technical skills and learn about other technology stacks and disciplines. Investigate and play with new approaches that could be applied to our products.
- Write architecture briefs and proposals, carry out code experiments, and build prototypes to learn how we can achieve planetary scale with our systems
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience in React on a senior level.
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership.
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails, or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- You are passionate and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 1+ years of experience working remote as part of a software engineering team.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in modern web stacks (e.g. Rails, Go, React, mySQL, ...).
- You have experience in building top-notch, design-driven user interfaces
- You have strong data analytics skills
- You have experience in designing and writing realtime web applications.
Who We Are:
This is a role in a Microsoft Engineering Team, based in Israel. Our team is integrated in GitHub Engineering and works on GitHub products and services.
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.