Azure Edge + Platform in ILDC is expanding and opening a new engineering team for Microsoft Defender App Guard.
Microsoft Defender Application Guard (aka AppGuard) is designed to help prevent old and newly emerging attacks while keeping employees productive. Using our unique hardware isolation approach, our goal is to destroy the playbook that attackers use by making current attack methods obsolete. This new team will be working on Virtualization based security technologies that protects the host and the guest operating Systems, enterprise and consumer networks from malwares and malicious tampering while keeping the customer data and cryptographic keys secure.
If you have a passion for growing people, enterprise security and security driven engineering, then we have the perfect job for you. We are looking for a high energy, customer-obsessed Engineering Manager to be a founding member that build and lead this new engineering team.
You will lead our endeavor to architect and deliver light weight VMs that isolate malicious or untrusted apps, URLs, documents, and other content types. As people manager, you will have the rare opportunity to build and grow your team from its creation. As technical leader, you will define and influence product technology roadmap aligning to our business goals, engage with industry partners and real-world customers, and work with many different business units across the company to deliver better-together One Microsoft solutions impacting our global customers. In addition to managing the team, leading design and coding, you will ramp up on Windows internals and various security technologies quickly and collaborate with many teams within Microsoft as well as with customers.
- 3+ years of experience in line managing an engineering team and employing leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to model, coach and care
- Proven commitment to diversity and the growth and success of others
- 15+ years of professional experience developing scalable, reliable system software with C/C++ or C#
- Excellent hands-on design, coding, rapid prototyping, and problem-solving skills
- Track record of grasping new technologies and efficiently collaborating with cross-group partners
- Outstanding team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Windows internals
- Experience working with kernel, hypervisor, Remote Desktop Protocol, Core networking, or low-level code in the OS
- Knowledge of computer security
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.