Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
Customer Impact– 40%
- Participates in proactive delivery, spots performance issues, analyzes problems, develops solutions to meet customer needs (including skilling needs), represents them.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning, in partnership with the account team, to strengthen targeted customer relationships and support accurate customer contactability for surveys.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making and service delivery planning.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers and recommends service delivery to meet those needs.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Business Impact - 40%
- Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
- Prioritizes Managed IP/Community IP re-use where appropriate to accelerate customer outcomes
- Contributes to IP creation and updates by identifying gaps through delivery
- Participates in relevant communities to share expertise and learn from others
Individual Impact - 20%
- Consistently applies “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Microsoft platform.
- Understands the portfolio of Support offerings and contribute & participate in customer and internal meetings to articulate value.
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise.
- Demonstrates Self Learner mindset through alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and continuous upskilling to align to Customer Success goals
- Ensures delivery meets/exceeds all operational excellence guidelines and best practices
5+ years of experience working with enterprise customers including architecture, design, implementation, and support of on-premises and cloud environments.
- Customer obsession: Passion for customers' success and focus on delivering a great customer experience.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence while building strong relationships.
- Growth mindset and technology expertise: Openness and ability to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team- Strong organization, time management, project management, and negotiation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.