Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success () organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group or engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer and engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams, Services, Support, Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
The ideal candidate will be required to have a Technical Degree or adequate practical experience in one of the following areas:
- Big Data or Analytics Products and Services (Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, NoSQL Services, MongoDB, Data Lake or Cloud Streaming technologies)
- Open-Source Ecosystem (Linux, Apache, etc.)
- Developer Experience: Python, Scala, R
- Experience with one or more customer support, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, Consulting, systems development, product development, network operations, software engineering, or I.T. consulting, customer or technical support or consulting or end-user support.
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Programming and debugging experience
- RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- Demonstrated fast learning skills
- Strong collaborative and extensive cross-group coordination skills
- Proven customer service skills supporting external and/or internal customers in an enterprise environment
- Great phone presence and documentation abilities. Excellent executive communication and critical situations management skills
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to translate complex technical processes into simple to follow written guides
- Previous experience working in a large, complex, highly matrixed global organization preferred
- Ability to work in a high pace environment
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, or relevant work experience
- Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft, Amazon AWS, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.