Did you know that Microsoft operates and manages one of the largest private global networks on earth? Did you know that Microsoft is one of the largest providers of security-as-a-service offerings? The identity and network access team develops cloud based native network security and identity services that play a foundation role to protect user and resources (applications, devices and data) access in a mobile first cloud first world. We are working on new innovative cloud native security services and are looking for a Principal Group Program Manager to join our team and help us grow our suite of offerings and larger business portfolio. If you enjoy defining and driving new network security and management capabilities that delight customers, love partnering with engineers to solve complex problems and deliver customer delightful capabilities, working closely with finance and business planning to understand cogs and monetize offerings, engaging customers and CxP to validate offerings and drive adoption then this could be the role for you.
- Define the product and product capabilities in close partnership with customers every step of the way.
- Design and build product capabilities with engineering.
- Engage customers to validate, design, refine product offering and enable customer adoption.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and drive alignment.
- Work closely with product marketing and CxP to position offering and enable sales organization to pilot, deploy and operate offering
- Manage a team of program managers
- Collaborate closely with other security controls both within and outside Microsoft with deep integrations
- Understanding of security or networking or identity technologies, Passion for complex distributed systems or network security experience is a plus.
- Strong, demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Demonstrated leadership and strong cross-team skills.
- Experience interacting with enterprise customers and managing people.
- 7+ years Program Management/Product Management experience defining and shipping products
- 7+ years developing strategic solutions requiring participation across organizational boundaries
- BS or MS in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent experience desired. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus.
- 5 + years manging people
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.