GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help. At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees to do the best work of their lives. GitHub is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Platform Team in the Development Experience department.
Our team is responsible for building and maintaining GitHub's runtime platform. This platform enables developers to easily build, deploy and manage the hundreds of applications that make up the world's largest code hosting platform.
On this team, you’ll collaborate across functions and across teams to deliver the best possible developer experience for all engineers here at GitHub. In this role, you will be having the opportunity to work as an engineer with a globally distributed, diverse and passionate team. You will design, implement, rollout and support a highly performant, highly scalable and highly available infrastructure with your team and production managers.
Our team and its parent Development Experience department are highly distributed across the globe and span a variety of diverse backgrounds. We recognize the value this diversity brings to our teams and our products, so creating and maintaining an environment where every individual feels safe to bring their unique perspective to the challenges we're solving is important to us.
- Actively design, develop, document and maintain our deployment infrastructure with a product mindset
- Build tools and systems that empathetically and pragmatically meet real operability needs of GitHub developers
- Develop and maintain scalable infrastructure
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
- Work closely with other teams from around the organization
- Own and advocate for the health and quality of the systems that the team builds, including participating in on-call rotations and responding to incidents as necessary
- You will work closely with experienced engineers, learn new technologies and increase your professional knowledge
Minimum Qualifications -
- Fluent in English both verbal and written. We are a global cross-countries team so we’re extra mindful about communication. Excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience working with developing software in languages such as Go, Ruby or Python . We often use Ruby and Go.
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Experience with running, operating, and maintaining production systems
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems
- Troubleshooting skills across network, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers
“Nice to have” Qualifications -
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- Experience building infrastructure automation
Experience working with the Linux operating system
GitHub Israel Engineering team at Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.