Microsoft Azure is a highly distributed and scalable cloud system designed to serve the compute and storage needs of the entire world.
Azure storage holds Exabytes of data and Azure compute hosts applications from the largest businesses, through governments to retail and startups.
To keep up with the requirements of tomorrow’s digital data processing, our team is designing and implementing new HW-based accelerators. If you are interested and passionate about cutting edge Hardware + Software solutions to enable performance and scalability at the highest levels, and want to make a difference to millions of people around the world - then Azure Host Acceleration may be the place for you!
We are looking for an experienced SW Engineer for the team in Haifa, Israel.
Responsibilities include architecture, design and implementation of kernel drivers, cloud diagnostic and monitoring tools and automation in a cross-team collaboration to define the next generation of acceleration and offload capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing team that aims to impact one of the largest scale software systems ever deployed.
Technical skills and expertise:
- 10+ years of experience in software development and SW architecture.
- Solid knowledge in kernel programming and device drivers
- Experience in architecture and development of complex SW-HW systems, load balancing of large systems, performance optimizations and cost reduction.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and architecture (SRIOV, Hyper-V)
- Fluent and clear design documentation, presentation and explanation skills.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary groups and people both locally and abroad.
- Ability to work independently and bring a project from conception to production.
Knowledge/experience in one of these areas is a plus:
- WDF, Windows internals and good understanding of the Windows drivers ecosystem and development process.
- Linux Kernel Drivers
- Familiarity with real-time SW/FW or embedded systems
- Experience with storage systems
- Experience with Networking in Data Centers
- Experience with public cloud